A Startup A Day: Hotjar
- optimisation tools for web businesses
- affordable services to analyze, generate insights and improve a website's UX and conversion rate
|David Darmanin||twitter, linkedin||Founder & CEO, L-Università ta' Malta J.D.'04|
|Erik Näslund||Co-Founder & Principal Software Engineer, Dalarna University|
- founded in Jan 2014
- HQ in Victoria, Australia
- revenue almost doubling up YOY, $16.4M in 2019 source
- managed all of this w/o any funding!
- find more about them @ https://www.hotjar.com/
- since 2018, the entire 70 person team, spread across 16 countries, works remotely - https://www.codementor.io/blog/how-hotjar-manages-its-remote-team-effectively-2flastp245
- the company manages its budget in an interesting way - each department is given a budget based on a percentage of the revenue and manages it internally with no regulations - Each employee has their own budget, as well!
- David had 12 years of experience in visual, e-marketing and business project management - failed in 2 startups before Hotjar
- a really nice podcast interviewing with David - https://www.indiehackers.com/podcast/036-david-darmanin-of-hotjar